bangalore palace, Bangalore
Bangalore Palace, a palace located in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, was built by Rev. J. Garrett, who was the first Principal of the Central High School in Bangalore, now known as Central College.
The construction of the palace was started in 1862 and completed in 1944. In 1884, it was bought by the then Maharaja of Mysore Chamarajendra Wadiyar X. Now owned by the Mysore royal family, the palace has recently undergone a renovation.
Srikanta Datta Narsimharaja Wadiyar worked towards renovating this palace after he obtained the right to own it. The woodwork has been renovated and the ballroom has been redone. Even the brass-fittings and lamps have been replaced and the furniture has been newly upholstered. Out of the collection of 30,000 photographs currently present in the palace, it is planned that about 1,000 of them will be restored and put up for viewing in an exhibition. A room has been converted into a boutique where silks and other garments used by the royal family will be exhibited. The palace is open to the public who can visit it after paying a fee.
Timings: 10 am – 5.30 pm
Entry: Rs.225 (Indians); Rs. 450 (Foreigners)
Photography: Rs.675 for camera; Rs. 280 for mobile recording; Rs. 2500 for camcorder
Near Mount Carmel Institute of Management, Palace Rd, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052Contact No. : 08023360818
Reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore_Palace