jog falls, Sagara
Jog Falls, Gerosoppa Falls or Joga Falls is the second-highest plunge waterfall in India located in Sagara taluk in the state of Karnataka. The segmented falls are a major tourist attraction.
Jog Falls is created by the Sharavathi River dropping 253 m (830 ft), making it the second-highest plunge waterfall in India after the Nohkalikai Falls with a drop of 335 m (1100 ft) in Meghalaya.
Elevation : 464 m
Height : 253 m
Number of drops : 1
Watercourse : Sharavati
Transport connectivity :
Nearest railway station (distance to the location):
- Talaguppa and Sagara (SRF): For Sagar 30 km.
- Honnavar(68km) which is in Mangalore-Mumbai Konkan Railway route.
Nearest bus station: Sagara and then Jogfalls busstop.
Nearest airport (aerial distance to the location):
- Bengaluru International Airport (BLR): 340 km
- Mangalore International Airport (India)(Formerly Bajpe Airport) (IXE): 200 km
- Goa Airport (GOI): 246 km
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD): 650 km
Uttara Kannada, KarnatakaReference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jog_Falls