tyavarekoppa lion and tiger reserve, Shimoga
The Tyavarekoppa Lion and Tiger Reserve is a popular wildlife destination of Karnataka. It is located at a distance of about 10 km from Shimoga (also known as Shivamogga) on the Shimoga-Sagar Road. The reserve is spread across 200 hectares of land.
Quick Facts :
- Timing of Sanctuary: Open from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and from 2:15 PM to 5:00 PM on all days of the week except Tuesday and national holidays
- Photography: Allowed
- Video Camera: Allowed
- Facilities: Rest room available
- Visit duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
Activities to do :
- Going on a safari that allows visitors to have a look at various wild animals from close quarters
- Watching rare species of birds that have made the reserve their habitat
- Enjoying day outing at the site as the place is a popular picnic spot
How to reach :
- By Air: The nearest airport to reach Shimoga is in Mangalore. It lies at a distance of around 165 km. Private vehicles are available to reach the wildlife reserve from the airport.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is located in Shimoga. Visitors can take trains from major cities of Karnataka to reach Shimoga. Taxis and local buses are available from the railway station to reach the wildlife reserve.
- By Road: Several buses connect Shimoga to various parts of Karnataka. From Shimoga visitors can easily take a taxi to reach the wildlife reserve.
NH206, Thevara Koppa, Karnataka 577205Reference : http://admin.makemyhangout.com/cms/placecontent