Udupi, also known as Odipu in Tulu, is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the administrative headquarters of Udupi District. Udupi is notable for the Krishna Temple and lends its name to the popular Udupi cuisine.
It is also known as Lord Parasurama Kshetra, and is famous for Kanakana Kindi. A centre of pilgrimage, Udupi is also known as Rajata Peetha and Shivalli (Shivabelle). Manipal is a locality within Udupi city. Udupi is situated about 60 km north of the industrial hub Mangalore and about 422 km northwest of state capital Bangalore.
Other places of interest are :
- The ancient temples of Ananteshvara and Chandramaulishvara.
- Ambalapady Mahakali Temple
- The Kadiyali Mahishamardini.
- The Shankar narayana Temple, Kodavoor
- Manipal Venugopal Temple, Manipal University, Dr TMA Pai Planetarium, Manipal Anatomy Museum, Manipal Health Sciences Library, Hotel Valleyview, Manipal Endpoint, Manipal Lake (Ganapati Temple) and Suvarna River (Ganapati Temple).
- The Rashtrakavi Govinda Pai Research Centre museum in the M.G.M. College premises.
- Karkala Jain temples and Bahubali statue
- Moodabidri Jain temples
- Mookambika Temple, Kollur, Kundapur - Around 64 km.
- Kaup Beach - Around 15 km.
- Malpe Beach - Around 7 km.
- St. Lawrence church, Karkala.
- St. Antony shrine, kerekatte, siddapura.
Reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udupi